Friday, August 5, 2016

~ Comparing ~




Note: this may not necessarily be a pretty and perfectly-worded post, this is going to be an awkward, ramble-ey, honest post, and I really hope it inspires you, who knows, maybe I'll inspire myself. :P

I've been wanting to do a post like this because it's something I've been struggling with quite a bit this year, particularly this summer.

Comparing gets you nowhere, when you find yourself comparing everything you are to others, your appearance, your blog, your writing, your art, your life. You'll only end up feeling like everything you do, even the things you pour your heart into too, simply are not good enough, you loose all your confidence, basically you're just sad and insecure over things that shouldn't be making you sad.






I get it, you feel like everyone is better than you, right? Doesn't it bother you when most of those people act like they don't even see their own worth? How could they not? 

Don't you realize that's quite possibly what you're doing to yourself right now? 

You've let yourself believe so many lies you've told yourself that when you look in the mirror, you don't see you anymore, all you see is everything you're not. 

Guess what guys, God didn't create you to be someone else, He created you to be you. 

God could've made you to be anyone else, living a different life, maybe even in a different time. 

But He created you. 

Look, I'm not just going to tell you to stop comparing and leave, assuming that all your problems will suddenly be solved. I'm not just going to tell you that if you stop comparing, you'll be happy, because you already know that, don't you? 

You need to find your confidence, kay, this is really important, because you are awesome. And that fact that someone else is also awesome, maybe in a different way or they just have a different style, it in no way makes you any less awesome, you are beautiful and smart and people like you for who you are, you are as good as you, I'm as good as me, and comparing doesn't work. < direct quote from a friend, who inspired me to write this post. 

Stay confident, be happy, remember that God is still shaping your heart, and remember that we're all just hopelessly flawed human beings.

Another thing I realized, or more like, it suddenly came back to me, the only one we really should be comparing ourselves to is Jesus, trying our best, every day, to be like Him, even when we know that we never truly could, I believe that is a kind of comparing that can really get you somewhere. 

Trust in The Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, for in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5

~Hannah~


12 comments:

  1. Amen Hannah! :)
    Ellie R.
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen indeed, Ellie! Hope I inspired you.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I have been struggling with comparing lately and this helped a lot! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Anika! I'm so glad I could help you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks bro *fistbump* I feel so much better after writing this post, like I've finally gotten this off my chest, y,know?

      Delete
  5. ajsdk;f this is such an important post. so amazing.

    I find myself comparing a lot. And if I don't compare, I just lack the confidence in myself. So I love the points you bring across in this post, because they're so important and such a lovely reminder to me. Thank youu. <3

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ajsdkfl thank you so much.

      Aww, I'm so happy you find this post helpful because.I was worried about people being able to relate to it. You're totally welcome Katie. <3

      Delete
  6. love. love. love.

    So amazing!!

    xoxo
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh this was so good! So true! What you said last -- about comparing ourselves to Jesus even though we know we can never be perfect -- YES. What we need to be sure we do when we do this is to make it non-detrimental comparing. Meaning, look at Jesus and see what He did and what He's still doing for us, and strive for that, but don't hate yourself when you can't measure up every time. Keep your chin up and have a good attitude and smile and remember that you're trying your best and that is enough. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, thank you! :D YES. Totally true, thank you Hannah. <3

      Delete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!