Saturday, August 20, 2016

~ A Random Writing Update ~

- ft. The ever gorgeous Border Collie - 
- The earbuds I stole match my flashdrive and that makes me happy -
I haven't really gotten a lot of writing done this month, I got stuck and stressed a lot, but I finally reached 15,000 words yesterday and I'm seeing the plot  falling into place and I feel a lot better about my story at the moment.

My Alphasmart broke earlier this week, just after I had decided I was going to use it for Nanowrimo. :P And the only time it does anything is when you plug it into the computer. 

One of my favorite parts of writing is the moments when you're truly in the story, your fingers flying across the keyboard, the music drowning out the outside world (I just made a playlist for my story!), the words are flowing, the scene before you is a clear, perfect picture, and you're happy. No matter how chaotic the scene itself is, you're just happy. 

(and I may or may not have started writing all over my arm with orange sharpie when I sat down to write but that's really not important and no I did not get asked by three different people about it

I'm feeling a lot more confident with my story now, I'm figuring a lot of it out as I go and finally getting into the more interesting/important parts. 

You guys actually don't know much about my novel, (it probably won't end up being an actual novel but I enjoy referring to it as such) Contempt. The story I was supposed to finish, or at least have half-finished, back in July. But then again, no body really knows much about it, I like to keep a lot of stuff to myself, maybe I should do some sort of introduction post sometime, (adds that to list of posts I plan on doing ;P ) 

I'm getting to know my characters better, the ones who ended up being a lot different than I thought they would be, learning to understand them and figuring out this beautiful, insane mess of a story as I go along. 

Do you like to keep a lot of your story secret? Or are you more open about it? ;P 

~Hannah~

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're beginning to feel more confident about your story! That's the best. I'm kind of like you, I don't really like to talk about my writing too much. I don't know why, it just makes me nervous. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Grace! Yeah, it's just like, you sometimes wish people would ask you about your writing, and yet the moment you're asked the simplest question you just sit there, awkwardly terrified. ;P

      Delete
  2. I don't really like to talk about my writing either. I'm glad your story is coming along, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me. ;)
      Gah, thanks! So am I. :D

      Delete
  3. I'm like you... I prefer to keep it more hush hush.
    You go, girl. You do this thing, you write that book.

    -T.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's more fun to mysterious. ;)
      Thanks Tane! I'm totally doing this thing, I GOT THIS. *runs away screaming battle cries*

      Delete
  4. I just found your blog, it's lovely, I love your pictures and you seem like a wonderful writer <3 I hate talking about my writing, I'm SO self conscious about it :P But I do like sharing my novel ideas and stuff like that with my mom, she's a good listener, but no one else :P

    Also, I get writing slumps a lot too, sometimes I won't even do any writing in a month, it sucks, but you just have to sort of pick yourself up the next month, and breaks are always good :D Write that effin book!

    ~Noor
    a little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much Noor! Seriously, you rock. <3 :D Me too, I can only share my writing and stuff about my writing with a few people, and even they don't know everything.

      Yes, breaks are indeed refreshing, and sometimes when I pick myself up after a writing slump my mind just starts EXPLODING with new ideas, so that's always good.

      Well now I HAVE to write this effin book more than ever because I'm scared to find out what all you people will do to me if I don't. *scurries of to write*

      Delete
  5. I've never really attempted to write an novel or a longer story before, but it seems like a lot of hard work. I'm glad that your story is coming along, though, good luck on writing the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely. Thank you! So am I, just working on getting through some of the hard-to-write parts right now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I write I like to keep my story to myself, my dad is a full time writer and we bounce ideas around all the time in my house, would rather not have mine swept up into his mind hahaha!
    Lovely post!
    -Lauryn
    www.ElegantChances.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, having a writer for a dad must be interesting, like, I can't even imagine that.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. THE very flash drive that I POUR MY HEART AND SOUL INTO? Yes, yes it is.

      Delete
    2. THE very flash drive that I POUR MY HEART AND SOUL INTO? Yes, yes it is.

      Delete

Your comments make me sooo happy, I'd love to chat with you!