Friday, October 21, 2016

~ Bursts of color ~

Leaves crunching beneath your feet
Rustling in the breeze
Chill breeze in your hair 
Crisp coolness in the air 
Cinnamon and spices
Raindrops and thunderstorms
Lattes and concerts 
Nano and coffee shops
Contrasts
Again hot and cold
Bursts of color against a calm sky 
Hoodies and Converse 
Slouchy hats and scarves
Caramel and pumpkins 
It's like the whole world transforms
Before winter
A cozy hush
A poetic trance 
Everything's painted
And beautiful 
And bright
Even though 
All the leaves are dying
It's okay
Because they'll return 
When snow falls and fire burns
I know
They'll always return. 

- Autumn always makes me feel really poetic and inspired, I went for a walk today and took these pics, also, on a random note, I REACHED 50K!!! *squeals* My goal was to reach that by the 20th, I met that goal yesterday it was seriously crazy because I never would've thought I could've gotten this far with this story, now just comes ending this messy thing so I can write for Nano, *cringes* guys, I'm scared. 
NANO IS IN 9 DAYS CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW CLOSE WE ARE WHAT HAPPENED TO OCTOBER. 

p.s. Apparently yesterday was National Writing Day. It seems perfectly fitting that that was the day I reached 50K, even though I had no idea at the time. xD 

~HANNAH~

10 comments:

  1. Ah that was great <3

    'Hoodies and Converse' << also that line is me basically XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures and poem, Hannah! Fall makes me feel like that too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emily! Fall just has such an awesome feel to it, doesn't it? :D

      Delete
  3. That's beautiful. You have a way with words!
    NaNo is too close! I've spent the past couple of months planning for it. I know I'm as ready as I'll ever be to write, but I don't feel it eek! So nervous now.
    Sophie//The Techno Maid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sophia!
      I know right??? I've actually been planning my story since September (not super-in-depth planning but I knew I was writing it for Nano) And I spent all month plotting, and still I don't feel 100% ready, *freaks* don't freak out though, we can do this!

      Delete
    2. Is there such thing as feeling 100% ready? Yes, we will crush this NaNo whether we're prepared or not.

      Delete
    3. I actually don't think so, ;P Yes, we've totally got this.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!