Saturday, November 5, 2016

~ Donuts ~ 5k1day ~ Nano update ~

So I made donuts this morning cause for the first time in forever (don't you dare start singing okay) I actually got up early enough, mainly because my sister woke me up cause we had to go let our neighbors dogs out but I completely forgot and then I remembered that I really really hate having to get up early. XP

For someone who really loves sleep you'd think I wouldn't stay up late.

But signing up for Nano basically means sleep deprivation and caffeine addiction sooo

Really though, at midnight on the first day of Nano I was typing madly away at the computer in the dark and I'm pretty sure the main reason I didn't stop until 3:00 am was because of coffee.

Basically, here's how Nano started:

October 31st:

 At around 8:30; sitting at the computer plotting, we were literally counting down the hours until midnight, feeling totally ready with caffeine and confidence and ignoring the fact that I probaby should've plotted more, (YES HANNAH YES YOU SHOULD HAVE) 

Sometime around 9:00 *remembers we need the laptop to stream Poldark which I was going to skip watching so I could write* 
*minor anxiety* 
*mentally plots while watching Poldark* definitely not the most effective method for plotting.

Finally got the computer back at around 11:20 as everyone else was going to bed, I was literally flailing about and super excited XD

11:30;  *slowly descending into insanity and acknowledgeing the fact that literally none of us are sane* (It's been officially confirmed that we are all insane)
12:01 all the chaos, it literally happened right there. NANO HAPPENED RIGHT THERE. I reached a little over 1k before 1:30.

And, on another note, I most definitely did not have a breakdown on the first day of Nano, after furiously pushing through the 5k I wrote, and actually seriously considered going rogue and writing something totally unplotted just because I had a strong genuine dislike for the beginning of my new story (aka it was all wrong and absolutely not going according to the plot) annnd yeah, don't worry, I didn't throw my new novel to the wind, I'm working through my new story and focusing on just getting it written and trying not to stress over how behind on my word count I am.

The fact that I always overthink dramatically when it comes to beginnings is of no help whatsoever. XP

^^ sorry about the angstiness of my ramblings, ahem, moving on.

I'm working through my new story, working on catching up, focusing on the fact that Nano isn't about perfection, BUT HOW DO ALL YOU GUYS HAVE CRAZY AMOUNTS WRITTEN ALREADY I DON'T UNDERSTAND. >.<

~HANNAH~

18 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT DONUT. can you make me some...sometime...PLZ

    btw, writing Nano with you is fantastic XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MINE. surreee...if you don't try to make me give up sugar again.

      writing Nano with me is totally fantastic isn't it. JK. likewise. XD

      Delete
  2. That donut look amazing! I want one.
    On another note, I've always wanted to do a midnight start to nano. One year I will have the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! they're all gone now. XD
      Oooh, you totally should, it's crazy but it helps a lot when it comes to meeting your word count.

      Delete
  3. Hey Hannah! I am in love with your blog!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shelby! Thank you soo much! I definitely will. <3

      Delete
  4. THOSE DOUGHNUTS LOOK SO GOOD OH MY GOODNESS.

    ...I really wanted to start singing.

    GOOD LUCK ON NANO!!! I don't understand all of the people who are rocking this either. XD I'm at roughly 11k and I just look at all the people who are already at like 25 and I'm like ummmm HOW?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS OH MY GOODNESS

      ...of course you did.

      THANK YOU!!! XD IKR, and 11k is still way more than I have, keep up the good work!

      Delete
  5. OH MAH GOODNESS THOSE DONUTS 😍 <3

    And heyyy finally decided to check out your blog. LOVE it, btw :D

    Also, OMW YOURE ONLY 14. here I was thinking you were like a few years older than that O.O

    >>hann<<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR. I was honestly really proud of how they turned out. XD

      Aww, thanks so much Hann! <3

      Really? Oh wow, I don't think I've ever had something think I was older before, that's not a bad thing though, is it? O.o XD

      Delete
    2. Um, no? I don't think its a bad thing? XP I actually think its a good thing because it means your mature... or at least that's what applies to me because, lol, people think I'm always older than I actually am :P

      Delete
    3. Oh, well I guess that's good. XD

      Delete
  6. We should have a NaNo donut party! I'm at 11K-- not as efficient as some writers, but for someone who has to go to public school (in comparison to the ninety percent of the blogger population who home schools and has free time), this has been going pretty great so far!

    xoxo Morning
    Ups & Downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Don't worry about it, you're still ahead of me, awe, I guess I didn't think about how hard it'd be to do Nano if you're not homeschooled, but hey, you're still off to a really awesome start! Just keep going and don't give up.

      Delete
  7. THOSE DONUTS ARE SO AESTHETICALLY PLEASING AND ALSO LOOK AMAZING AND I JUST WANT TO REACH THROUGH THE COMPUTER SCREEN AND EAT THEM.

    asdjkfl; this was so fun to read and you're doing awesome. YOU CAN DO IT. <3

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS KATIE GOSH THANKS xD YOU HAVE HONORED MY DONUTS THANK YOU.

      asdjkflfgk, thank you, that means a lot cause I feel like I started off pretty badly, THANKS SO MUCH. <3

      Delete
  8. DOOOONUUUTTTSSS! I. NEED. DONUTS.
    I don't understand you NaNoers. XD FIVE THOUSAND WORDS IN ONE DAY?
    ♥Megan
    {https://abarefootgal.wordpress.com/}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FEEL YOU. I ALWAYS NEED DONUTS. (jk not always but you know what I mean)

      To be honest, I don't understand either, I STILL DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I DID IT.

      Delete

Your comments make me sooo happy, I'd love to chat with you!