Wednesday, November 30, 2016

~ Monthly/Nanowrimo Wrap-up ~

 The artsy-ness of blank, dead trees is only interesting for so long you know, I hope it snows again soon. 

 Heyy guys, ready for a crazy/nonsensical/typed up at the last minute end-of-the-month post? Good because that's exactly what I'm doing today, because obviously aside from the fact that November was crazy it was also my first time EVER doing Nanowimo, annnnd the month before Christmas so yeah let's just get right to it then. 

hahaha....no such thing. XP to be honest sometimes I feel like I barely have a life outside of writing in general. 

Anyway, here are some random things that happened this month, sort of but not exactly in order. 

Aimlessly wandering around Target with sisters 
Waking up early and making Instagram-worthy donuts 
Gazing at the supermoon and being overwhelmed by the dreaminess of it 
Successfully making perfect Italian meringue Macarons 
For some reason went a whole month without posting any poems but still wrote a whole bunch

HACKING MARY'S BLOG WHEN SHE REACHED 50K, seriously, that was sooo much fun and 
her reaction was the best. <3 

Getting lost in Hobby Lobby and concert-attending and Fridays 
Randomly learning all about needle felting and making Sarah a mini whale for her birthday. XD 
Baking, a lot 

Daydreaming about Christmas 
S N O W
waiting for it to snow again 
Not brushing my hair for unexplained reasons
Procrastinating a lot on Pinterest 
Sort of casually despising people's blatant misuse of the word 'legit' no offense anyone. 
Thanksgiving 
Me and my sis cleaning our room so we can decorate it 
Way to many sassy conversations with Sarah to even count
My sister, mom, and me all having the exact same pair of boots and endlessly getting eachother's mixed up. 

Trying to demonstrate the posture of a banana while walking through Target with my mom. Don't worry it wasn't half as weird as it sounds 

Being happy with life
While simultaneously overcoming countless irrational fears 


Soooo as it turns out I actually do have quite a bit of a life outside of my fictional worlds, XD I just tend to get so absorbed in those, anyways, these are the non-writing-related things I could remember this month from off the top of my head.





*unintelligible screeching* 

I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE I WON NANO AND FINISHED MY BOOK IN A MONTH. I finished before 1:00 PM, absolutely thrilled and also starving. I really can't believe I didn't totally fail this month though, like, this is amazing. 

I think the most stressed out I was about Nano was at the very beginning, not the end, or the middle, mostly because during the first week, I was still dealing with an unfinished novel that I had devoted the past four months too and have become more attatched to than I even realized, I finished Contempt on November 5th with nearly 70K (eeeeeeep!) That glorious mess is currently awaiting editing which I'm actually strangely excited for. XD

The rest? The rest was just pure craziness, light nights, lots of coffee and sugar, insane word wars, (HOW ON EARTH DOES A HUMAN BEING WRITE 2,000 WORDS IN 25 MINUTES?!?!?) casually loathing my new novel and angsty characters, 5k days, procrastination, playlists and pinterest storyboards. It was all truly epic, so grateful for all my awesome writing buddies. XD

Who knows, maybe someday I'll actually tell you guys something about my book(s) but that day is not today, sorry, don't be offended though because seriously only like a few other humans have ever read any of my writing and I just about died showing stuff to them so yeah.

I FINISHED TWO NOVELS THIS MONTH, Two poorly-plotted, messy, imperfect novels, but I think that's pretty impressive all the same, and they're mine, and I cannot believe I can actually call myself a novelist now, not even an aspiring novelist but like the actual writer of multiple novels...oh my goodness.

P.S. Dark and stormy nights make for the best writing nights. 
Ahem, well obviously next month is December which means CHRISTMAS. But it's also going to be the first month I get a break from writing since like...I don't even remember, I've been working on the first drafts of my two novels since July, and while writing is obviously my life and I absolutely love it, December seems as good a time as any to take a little break, then perhaps in Janurary I'll start editing Contempt, and besides, I've barely read at all or been able to work on other things in the past several months so I'm looking forward to that as well.

Also my sister and I were thinking about  doing a 25 day Christmas photo challenge together, so expect lots of photos if that happens. XD

Spending time with family

Christmas shopping

Daydreaming about snow

Possibly posting some poems I wrote this month.

Figuring out what do with myself now that my novel(s) are finished, the first drafts anyway.


Basically being super excited about December in general 

~~~
Hope you enjoyed this post despite the undeniable awkwardness and rambling.  I had a lot of fun writing it (Finding motivation...eh, not so much, most of my motivation to actually get this post written required brutal pestering from Sarah, *glares* XD) 

Did you finish Nano? (because weather or not you reached 50K you still WROTE and that is awesome) Was November insane for you? ARE YOU AS EXCITED FOR DECEMBER AS I AM 

~HANNAH~

12 comments:

  1. basically you really did make that mini whale. H O W ?!?!?? I am still in shock over that. I would have no idea how.

    legit tho. YOU DID A LOT OF STUFF. and walking around as a banana? Yup. totally, we are friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yesss I really did and still rather proud of myself about how it turned out. XD

      indeed THIS MONTH WAS CRAZY OKAY well I didn't actually walk around like that for too long but yes, we totally are.

      Delete
  2. SNOWWWWW I WANT SNOW. lol, it usually ends up snowing around march here -- after we all think spring has finally arrived. -_- AND GOOD JOB ON NANO GIRL! <33 *cue confetti*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOOOO I'm just waiting for it to snow again, ugh, same.-_- AWWWW THANK YOU! <33

      Delete
  3. Great job on nano!
    I'M WAITING FOR SNOW, TOO!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      YOU TOO, IT SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE IN MY FAMILY HATES IT.

      Delete
  4. '(Finding motivation...eh, not so much, most of my motivation to actually get this post written required brutal pestering from Sarah, *glares* XD)'

    *cough* *cough*

    BUT YOU DID IT YOU EPIC PERSON YOU YOU FINISHED TWO NOVELS IN ONE MONTH *shakes you* EEK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's the truth.

      *cough cough*

      EEEEK I KNOW I STILL CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT THANK YOU *doesn't like being shaken but whatever*

      Delete
  5. YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE WRITING QUEEN OH MY GOODNESS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *HUGS* THANKS SO MUCH OHMYGOODNESS

      Delete
  6. Hannah!
    Fabulous job on writing two novels in one month!! *gives you balloons and ice cream* How'd you even do that? I've wanted to try Nano....I just have a hard time with coming up with what to write about. Do you basically have to take the whole month off for November and write?

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I actually only finished both this month, I had been working on one since July that I finished the beginning of November, then I wrote my other one, still, it was seriously insane.
      Yep, that's basically it, you should try it one year, it's crazy but awesome.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!