Tuesday, December 13, 2016

~ Cast in ice ~ A poem ~ Random life things ~

The air is cool and sharp as it fills your lungs

Snowflakes gently cascading
So still, too perfect, silently exilherating 
Every step hesitates
To destroy the fallen snow
Like treading among a fairy world
One that you no longer know
Cast in ice
Paths aglow
Treacherous 
Beautiful 
But cold 

Because what else are you supposed to do when it snows for literally days straight? You write poems about snow, better yet, write poems about like, fire or something warm, I dunno, *shrugs*

I was meaning to post all weekend, and I'm not going to say I didn't have time because I totally did, I just had a hard time getting photos and didn't know what to post about.
I literally don't even know what to post about half the time, most of this stuff just comes to me on the spot. XD

Basically it snowed a lot, like 1 1/2 feet in like a week. O.o that's a lot of snow you guys.

Lately I've been brainstorming for my blogaversary, which is technically this month but could also be in January I guess, you see I started working on the blog in December last year but kept it a secret until January, so my blog will be legitimately one year old this month, I'll probably do a post for it next month though, not saying anything yet, you guys will just have to wait and see what I have planned.

As for how my short story has been going, eh, *shrugs* I was excited about it but have been having a hard time getting into it, I'm not used to writing contemporary and stuff. :|
Also, how many times is one supposed to edit a first draft? More than twice? How do you know when your book is completely edited?

12 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS

Also, 35 followers?!?? Thanks so much guys. <3

~HANNAH~

18 comments:

  1. okay like a lot of things

    YOU HAVE A LOT OF SNOW

    Christmas is in 11 days

    edit never *cringes*

    THAT POEM

    and 35 followers?! dude.

    KEEP GOING WITH YOUR SHORT STORY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. ALL THE SNOW

      I'm pretty sure it's 12 days

      Uh never is kinda a long time *cringes*

      EEEEP THANKS

      I know, I can't believe it either.

      I'LL TRY *whaps short story*

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's only 12 days till Christmas O.o How is that possible?!!!
    And you're working on your short story?! Cool! As for when I edit, I usually start my second draft right away, which is basically my editing process. But some people may do it differently.
    Wish I could have some of your snow. We usually just get ice, and maybe one nice snow week. :( *shares hot drink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww o.O
      Trying to, anyway. XD Oooh, I'm just trying to figure out what I should do because I've never edited anything before.
      I would totally give you some, *tosses you virtual snow*

      Delete
  3. I can not believe Christmas is coming up so soon.
    Yay for your blogiversary. :)
    How I wish it was cold outside right now. Where I live, it's still 75-85 degrees every day. Feels like summer, but not as hot. Hopefully you'll have a white Christmas. Hopefully for us, it'll get cold in January. :)

    Love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww
      Thanks! :)
      Oh gosh wow, I can't imagine it being that hot here for Christmas. O.o Do you ever get snow where you live?

      Delete
    2. Nope. It never snows at our house. If it gets cold, that'd be awesome. It's actually a little nice it doesn't snow...that way I can plant a garden because lots of my plants like cold weather.

      Delete
    3. Oooh wow, cold is nice as long as it isn't like so cold you feel like you're going to freeze to death. XD

      Delete
  4. Contrast on 35 followers, Hannah! I'm glad to be one of them. *hugs* I love the poem! AND DUDE CAN I HAVE SOME SNOW OVER HERE TOO?! We've been having annoyingly rain, sleet and snow-less weather. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep! Thanks Sarah! *hugs* It just came to me randomly, <33 AND YES WE HAVE LIKE ALMOST TOO MUCH HERE *showers you with snow*

      Delete
  5. WHAT WHAT WHAT!!! AH. we just got snow in oregon, there are pictures on my blog BUT its four inches or something! A foot and a half is crazy!! YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH I KNOW It's treacherous really, like, I wanted snow but this is quite insane.

      Delete
  6. Great poem!! I haven't gotten any snow yet, where I live...I feel like I really like the idea and the aesthetic of snow, but when we finally actually do get snow, I get pretty annoyed with having to stay in the house/in the neighborhood for a really long time. Congrats on your upcoming blogaversary!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lol, same actually, I mean, I do love snow, but it can get annoying when you can't leave the house because of it and you can't go outside without getting wet and cold and slipping on ice. XP Thanks btw! I'm pretty excited. XD

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pictures and poem. CONGRATULATIONS!

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing pictures and poem!! Congrats on 35 followers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!