Tuesday, December 6, 2016

~ Blurry and beautiful lights ~

Okay, so you know how I planned to take a break from writing after Nano because I wrote two novels in five months and everything?

Yeah, well, that didn't exactly end up happening.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MYSELF WHEN I'M NOT WRITING OKAY.
I mean like of course I do other stuff, but I guess I've just gotten so used to always writing, I'm still taking a break from my main novels because I'm most definitely not starting a new book until I've edited one of my first drafts at least once, and I've never edited anything before so I'm not gonna start doing that in the middle of December.

So I spontaneously threw together an idea for a short story/novelette or whatever you wanna call it, it's contemporary which I've never really done before, it involves coffee, some whimsical Christmas elements incorporated into it, and also cats, because cats are important.

My dad, sister and I went Christmas tree shopping on Saturday, which involved going to 5 different stores and buying peppermint Oreos, (the best ever <333) We actually did end up getting a new tree and put it up the next day after my sis got home from work AND IT STARTED SNOWING RIGHT BEFORE WE DID AND SNOWED ALL DAY AND IT WAS SO MAGICAL.
And guess what, it melted, mostly anyway, -_- BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO SNOW LIKE ALL WEEK according to the weather and EEEP that makes me way happier than it does some people (aka people I don't understand)

Also my sister and I made cookies for National Cookie Day. XD

So...umm...I actually sent all of my new, unedited, insanity-ridden novel to Sare last night, and then forgot the next morning, then remembered.
I still can't believe I'd actually let another human being read it...
I mean, I wrote it in a month, during Nano, it's a m e s s but I guess I can't hate it that much if I didn't die pressing the 'send' button. XP
As for letting anybody else beta-read for either of my novels in the future...*remembers just how messy my first drafts are* I think I'd rather wait until they're at least somewhat edited.

Have you ever tried peppermint Oreos?
Ever beta-read for someone/had people beta-read for you? 


~HANNAH~

15 comments:

  1. *cough cough* some people?... *cough*

    *hugs your darling novel* MINEEE. I mean *cough* um yeah *scurries off to read more*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cough* YES

      okay stop okay you if you dare do anything to my precious baby I will hunt you down, *holds novel close*

      Delete
  2. ooh your new short story/novelette thing sounds super cool. also HOW DID I MISS NATIONAL COOKIE DAY LIKE WAHT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll probably share a bit of it on here when it's done. WELL BASICALLY THE WHOLE REST O THE MONTH QUALIFIES AS SUCH SO YEAH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *was off sugar so i couldn't eat the cookies even if someone made some which they didn't so yeah we totally missed that* *sobs*

    ALSO I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I'm working on plotting my next novel right now xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you just always off sugar because that's sad. *hands you cookies*

      YASSS. Aside from my short story I'm currently plotting...*ahem* three more novels...xD

      Delete
  5. Oo pretty pictures <33

    YES SOME PEOPLE DO NOT UNDERSTAND OR APPRECIATE THE WONDERFUL GIFT OF SNOW. *pouts*

    Haha ... ahaha ... I know the nervousness of sending out something to be alpha/betaed O.o it's stressful, lemme tell you that.

    Eep that novelette/short story tho 👌 It sounds amazing :D good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu <33

      BUT YOU UNDERSTAND WHICH MAKES YOU AWESOME

      IKR. Even when it's someone you're close too...it's just like...all the feelings. O.o

      Aww thanks! :D I'm so excited to start it.

      Delete
  6. DID I JUST HEAR . . . PEPPERMINT OREOS?

    I bet your novel is amahzing, Hannah! <3 And like CHRISTMAS IS COMINGGGG. YOU LUCKY PERSON WHO GOT SNOW, TOO. *sighs happily*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errr . . . that looked like I meant that we had snow over here. That was supposed to mean that you're lucky bc it snowed AND Christmas is coming. *nodnod*

      Delete
    2. INDEED YES

      Aw, thanks Sarah! <3 YASSS. It's snowing here a TON now.

      Delete
  7. These photo's are goals! I LOVE that you can't help but keep writing that's awesome! I also followed your blog!!! EPPPP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEP Thanks Vanessa! I KNOW, I didn't really realize at first because writing has just become such a part of my life. :D EEPP thanks!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hannah!
    Congrats on your novels! :D That sounds so crazy and awesome! I have beta-read, a few times for an really cool author, and it's cool. I haven't had anyone beta-read any of my writing, though. Except for my family!
    SNOOWWWW. AHH! It's been super cold and rainy here but I'm still hopeful it snows. Soon. Eventually. Whatever. xD
    YHVH bless!
    -Angela | thepeculiarmessenger.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela!
      Thank you so much! I've never had anyone but my close friends beta-read for me and vice versa, hopefully when my novels are edited I can gather up the courage to let more people read my books. XD
      YASSSSS it's snowing like crazy here right now, *hands you a bunch of snow* XD
      Thanks so much for following btw! I'll have to go check your blog out.

      Delete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!