Friday, January 20, 2017

~ A spontaneously-written-poem without a title ~

It's the song stuck in your head
The same verse echoing endlessly
It's the things that aggravate
And enchant
The calm
And chaotic
Parts of your mind
It's the screen light shining in your eyes at night
It's 2:00 am
Why are you still awake?
It's whatever though runs through your mind
When you catch a glimpse of your reflection
Do you smile, because you know the person staring back at you?
Or do you frown, because you don't smile at strangers?
Take a deep breath
Count backwards from 5
Open your eyes
What torments your mind?
What nightmares and dreams keep your eyes open at night?
Tossing and turning and trying to make sense of the world?
It's something that comforts you
What makes you feel alive inside
What brings you to life with a fire
That will give you the strength to fight
It's how your voice shakes
When you talk about what's making your soul tremble inside
It's when you're laughing so hard
And you think you look ridiculous but you don't care
And you wish you didn't care so much all the time
Sometimes
Because sometimes it's just a little too much
Too much to take
But you can do it
I know you can
Because if you don't find the courage to care
Then who will?
Listen.
Don't talk
Just listen.
What do you hear?
Where are you now?
What are you feeling?
Do you hear the shouts
The voices in your head you've drowned out
The background sounds
That make the silence complete
Listen
Do you hear nothing at all?
The leaves are slippery beneath your boots
The wood is cold and damp beneath your touch
And you freeze for a moment
Because for just a moment you wondered if you weren't alone
Freezing cold and all alone
The air smells faintly like woodsmoke
It's peaceful somehow
When it's just you
And the silence
And the trees
They never speak a word
Black skeletons against the barren sky
Listen
You know you're not alone
You know there's something out there
There's so much more out there
And listen
You know
The silence sometimes feels like home.
Cause it doesn't feel so lonely right now.

Something I quite randomly typed up Friday night...er...Saturday morning technically since it was around 1:00 am by the time I finished. Basically trying to articulate my messy mundane thoughts into something eloquent and readable, though not something that I entirely relate to but that doesn't really matter, and I kind of had no idea where I was going with it but I ended up really liking it, and poetry just makes me feel better sometimes, you know? It's soothing, even if what I wrote might not make perfect sense, it doesn't matter really, it is poetry after all. 

Anyway, hope you guys liked this. <3

How do you sort out your thoughts? (I've found lists and poems and ranting helps, more often than not the first two because trying to talk about things to someone else just sometimes ends up being even more confusing) 

How's your weekend going so far? 

~HANNAH~

16 comments:

  1. I love your poem! It's written so well, and says some incredible things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much Jollygirl! That really means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. uhmmmmmm....*attempts to comfort you*

      Delete
  3. "It's how your voice shakes When you talk about what's making your soul tremble inside" THIS LINE <3 I feel for much for these words. I think it's a great thing to poem rant! Lately during the night time I have been journal ranting to get all the thoughts out before I sleep. Ranting is my style for getting out thoughts. I am glad you shared this poem with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP. <3. Yesss definitely, I always feel so much better after typing my thoughts down, ooooh, I've been thinking of trying that because it sounds like it'd help alot, especially since my thoughts keep my awake so often, I'm so glad you liked the poem Vanessa!

      Delete
    2. Yes, exactly why I do it. I do it to get the thoughts out before my mind wanders at night! Glad to hear I am not the only person who has thoughts keeping them up. I am not alone! (;

      Delete
    3. I should try that, and don't worry, you're definitely not alone. ;)

      Delete
  4. This poem is wonderful :) I love expressing my thoughts through writing a story or in a journal and drawing.

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bubbles! Writing always helps me a lot too.

      Delete
  5. Eeep I love it, Hannah! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. I can relate so hard. Letting your thoughts run free is such a wonderful thing to do, and I'm glad you shared them with us. <3

    katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEP THANKS KATIE. I'm glad you can relate, and yasss I always feel so mmuch better after writing my thoughts down, like my mind feels clearer and I feel more relaxed. Awe,so am I. <3

      Delete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!