Wednesday, February 8, 2017

~ Epic failures ~ Uninspiring winter ~

All the snow is gone, the rain killed it. :| but LOOK AT DIS PUPPER. Yes she likes to eat snow. 

What's up you guys? I've been pretty quiet this month so far since I've been sick and this past week has been pretty weird but yeah. 

Last week I tried to make chocolate macarons, all confident like 'Yeah this is totally going to be great' I got all the stuff ready and weighed all the ingredients and stuff, I mixed up the batter and I was already pretty sure they were going to turn out. 

Suddenly. 

CATASTROPHE. 

Apparently I was holding the bowl too close to the edge of the counter as I was turning it and before I could catch it it tragically plundered to the ground and shattered. Do you know how hard it is to clean up sticky macaron batter and chunks of glass at the same time? AND AVOIDING STEPPING IN GLASS?  Yeah, it's very hard. -_- 

Also guess what guys? I'm getting a new room in (hopefully) a couple of weeks, eeep! I'm going to be moving upstairs and sharing a room with my younger sister, and also hopefully finally getting a desk, (yes I'm a writer without a desk and no I am not miserable) 

And also that means I'm finally going to be doing a room tour post, (which I mentioned wayyy back but never ended up doing it) So yeah, that's definitely happening for real this time. 

Also I kinda sorta really want summer to happen.  (I WANT TO GO OUTSIDE WITHOUT FREEZING MY FINGERS AND FIND SOMETHING OTHER THAN DEAD TREES TO TAKE PICTURES OF) Winter is fun at first but then it just gets to boring and uninspiring for a while, y,know? 

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this little life-update post even though not much has been happening lately. hopefully that changes soon. 

Does winter inspire you, or not? 

~HANNAH~

12 comments:

  1. Haha I'd love to see that fail. But yes, I can see how that was miserable. I did that once.

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omw 'the rain killed the snow' how is that like..so..heart wrenching?...

    and whaaaa? it was a glass bowl? dude. I didn't know that *feels so bad for you* BUT YOU OVERCAME IT AND MADE BROWNIES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Gosh I didn't realize...

      And yasss I kinda thought I implied it at the mention of shattering? But I guess my over-dramatization was rather confusing. XD AND YAS THEY WERE AMAZING and brownies taste better than macarons anyways.

      Delete
  3. Wooooooool pretty wool. Do you spin?

    Honestly I think it depends on the winter. If there's lots of snow or it's unseasonably warm it does, but then if its dark and grey and hovering around 30 then nah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but I needle-felt. XD

      Yeah I get what you mean, sometimes I find snow inspiring but yesterday was exactly like how you're describing and it's just so blah and dreary.

      Delete
  4. Winter is pretty fun and inspiring too, you know, although it also really depends on where you live. Every day here it is like Narnianruled by the White Witch-- because it's blowing snow really hard. xD I hope you get better soon, Hannah!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live it's either like that, magical and gorgeous but then a couple days later it can be totally grey and bleak. Also, Narniaruled is an amazingly fantasitc word. XD Thanks Morning! I'm feeling a lot better now.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of winter but where I live it doesn't get cold at all... so... I think I'd love to spend a winter abroad writing! But yes: I can't wait for summer?!?! I'll be spending this year's summer break writing <3

    Your blog design is spectacular by the way!

    - Andrea at A Surge of Thunder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets freezing here! Even when it's not snowing, oooh that sounds lovely, and yessss summer!!! I hope to get a lot of writing done this summer too. <3

      Aww, thank you so much Andrea!

      Delete
  6. IS THAT FELT?? If it is it looks so pretty! OH MY! Cleaning up pieces of glass with batter on it would be so hard to do! I always find it to be amazing how you can break something and the image will replay in your head over and over again in slow motion and although it wasn't great to break the glass you think it was cool how it did break.. might just me who has this crazy thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES IT IS. I looove bright colors. <3 And agh yes, it was terrible. Dude, I always thought I was the only one who thought about that! It actually is pretty cool when you think about it but it's like something you feel like you shouldn't think is cool because then you have to clean up shattered glass and everything.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!