Monday, March 27, 2017

Highlights of March


Yes, I know, I'm kinda early, but I don't care. XD 

It was a pretty awesome month guys, just for so many reasons, like WINTER IS OVER, and Camp Nano is happening next month, and a whole month dedicated to writing is just what I need after a four month break, (FOUR MONTHS!?) 

Anyway, onto some of this month's highlights. 
REAL -  L I F E 

- In no particular order - 
Spending THE ENTIRE MONTH trying to make plans with a friend for her to come over AND EVERY SINGLE WEEK it ends up not working out. Being super excited about finding my sister an ostrich shirt. (She really loves ostriches) 
Finding a super cute tiny cactus at Target but then not buying it cause it ended up being like 8$...o.O
Going to see Beauty and The Beast
Camp nano plotting. (Or therefore, thinking about how I should be plotting but then getting distracted and also endlessly daydreaming about my characters and already having favorites) 
SPRINGGGGGGGG *frolicks in the sunshine* *slips and faceplants in a mud puddle instead because reality* 
Falling asleep to the sound of rain. 
Trying avocado toast for the first time. (Don't look at me like that, it actually tastes good) 
Vaccuming my desk O.o 
Forgetting to mention that YES I FINALLY GOT A DESK and so yeah I'm pretty happy.
Fnally having a glue gun in my possession and now I HAVE ALL DA POWER. 
Being struck with the realization that you can just walk into Target and buy a potato. 
Is it weird that whenever I find myself in a mildly uncomfortable situation I remind myself that I've put my characters through way worse?
(I'm a terrible person jsyk)
Having weird dreams about my characters and then randomly remembering them like...'what...' o.O
Spring/summer clothes shopping. 
Finally finding my rabbit a toy she doesn't complete ignore, (why is she so picky?!?) 

BLOGGING THINGS 

I got a new blog design! (Which is obvious) I just love how much more clean and simple it is compared to my old one, I love it. 
Finally started to emerge from the blogging rut I was finding myself in. INSPIRATION HAS RECLAIMED ME.
Trying to figure out why my profile picture keeps disappearing?!? 
Talked about how real the struggle is when you have a lot of main characters in your novel
Flailed over warm weather and rambled about life

THE WORLD OF WRITING 

I am not a plotter. And if you've read any of my first drafts this is laughingly obvious. XD I don't have an artfully crafted outline for this new book with everything in it's place, everything figured out, nope, I have a vague idea of what I'm doing but as long as I feel like I  have enough to write about and enough to figure out the rest along the way, I'm ready.

I did not edit this month. Editing...specifically with this book...maybe it's just a first novel thing? I mean, come on, I'm only 14 and it's my first novel and I've never edited anything before AND HONESTLY THIS BOOK IS A MESS, call me lame or a quitter if you want, but nobody is forcing me to edit this book to perfection and it's not like it's ever going to be published, yes I did fantasize about getting it printed out once it's finished. And before anyone asks, no, I'm not going to do this with all my books, I can already tell that when the time comes to edit my other novel it is going to be a lot easier.


G O A L S  

Recap of March's goals 
Keep my new room clean. 'Cept for my desk which inevitably always seems to end up messy again XD 

FINISH EDITING. Listen, okay, I don't want to talk about editing, can we save that for another post that I'll avoid for as long as possible ? 

Wake up early more  At the beginning of the month I started waking up earlier and I guess I've kinda made a habit out of it, which is totally awesome. XD

Go see Beauty and The Beast.  Yesss my sister and I went to go see it last week and gah it was amazing. 

April goals! 

Waste less time on social media (*cough* Instagram and Pinterest *coughcough* 

- Reach my word goal for Camp Nano 

- Make macarons and hopefully not fail miserably 

- Film a vlog (anyone interesting in seeing my face??) 

How was your month? What inspired you? We should totally chat. 

~Hannah~

17 comments:

  1. epppiicc post and omw you can get individual potatoes at target? waaahht XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeeep thanks girl and yeah it's just like bam, 'potato' XD

      Delete
  2. Ahaha... It's almost April.... The realization is shocking!! A new blogging spot is always awesome(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IkR? It's crazy, and yes, definitely. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pic, Hannah <3
    -Michaila
    the Wonderkept life (lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post because it's just 'real' ya know?!!
    And falling asleep to the sound of rain is the best! I actually had that in my head for my march in review. :l *goes off and copies you* But it's not REallY copying... :) We've had so much rain lately!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness really?!? Thanks XD
      Yesss! It's so calming. Lol! Not at all, IT WON'T STOP RAINING ANYWHERE.

      Delete
    2. Yah, like, once I got to the SPRIINGGG part I was just laughing, cause that is SO TRUE!!!!!
      Yep. Haha, good!! IKR???!!!

      Delete
    3. LOL! I just randomly threw that in there cause it's totally how I feel like YASSS. Now I just wish it would stop raining. XP

      Delete
    4. Haha
      I know right? Like give us a break!

      Delete
  5. I love this post!
    I relate with the editing and the writing. I recently wrote the first draft of a novel, without any planning and without having a single idea about what I was doing. Needless to say, it's a complete mess :-) At some point I guess I'm going to have to edit it..I'm kind of dreading reading over my first draft, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks! <33
      Haha, that pretty much sums it up, and yeahh, be prepared for that, reading through my first draft was sooo painful.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had a great month! Ah, yes, let's not talk about editing. xD I hope your macarons turn out well (those are the besssttt)! And I'm not the only one who had a weird dream about my characters?!?! *feels relieved*

    Awesome blog!

    Micaiah
    www.notebooksandnovels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Nope, never ever. XD Awe, thanks! I hope so too, (have you ever made them?) You're totally not the only one! *feels relieved also*

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. I love vlogs! And those flowers are really pretty(=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm looking forward to filming another one, (and hopefully making it better than my last one ;) Thank you!

      Delete

Feel free to comment, I love chatting with you guys!