Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Confessions of a Camp Nano drop-out


Well...I didn't want to say that I actually quit Camp Nano...but considering that there were only three days this month in which I actually wrote. It's kinda the truth I suppose. 

I don't know why writing fell flat this month, I don't think it has anything to do with taking such a long break, because the few times when I actually was writing and making progress and the words were flowing, it felt awesome and I was thrilled to be writing again.
Until I realized that this book just wasn't going to work. 
And maybe I could've pulled through, wrestled my perfectionism and plunged fearlessly into this new book knowing it was going to be a laughably-poorly-plotted-mess, IF I COULD HAVE AT LEAST GOTTEN PAST THE FIRST THREE CHAPTERS and had even the barest of basic outlines to consult. 

And you know what? I'm not stressing over it. This month has been pretty awesome so far, I've been reading a lot more lately. and just living life and stuff. I really do want to get back to writing, and it's not like I'm short on book ideas, *glances at abundance of Pinterest boards* So maybe I'll spontaneously start something new, we'll see. 

I hope you guys don't think I'm lame, I don't think I am sooo *shrugs* 
Shout out to all you guys who actually made progress in writing this month cause you guys are awesome. XD 

Also, I randomly got the idea the other day to make a tiny bird's nest and I'm honestly so happy with how it turned out, even if it took me a while to actually figure out the best way to do it. And also making my mom suspicious by sneaking a bin of water in my room (to soak twigs) but not telling her why. XD 
~Hannah~

18 comments:

  1. Nah. I don't think you failed - I think you won because you decided it wasn't working and now you're enjoying living life and that's beautiful - as is that birds nest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ju! I'd much rather be doing that than beating myself up over it, and eeep thanks!! <3

      Delete
  2. This is so-refreshing. I get so confused sometimes at why people write and work themselves to death, don't have time for anything, and with some people all that they make me think is, 'all they care about is writing..' and to me that's kinda weird. That someone would drop everything just to try and write a story. I completely get that those people love writing, and I'm happy that they do, but when someone actually says that writing causes pain and so much stress, I'm just over here like, "Then why do you do it so much??" And they just say they love it, and I'm like, ?????
    So that was my two-cents, I think that writers should do what you did more often!!!
    btw that birds nest is unique!!! lol ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! You can love writing and have it be important to you and still be able to focus on other things in life too, and I'm so glad that someone else understands that, thanks so much Paige!

      Delete
  3. Like Julia said, I don't think you failed. It's great that you recognized that it wasn't working for you at that moment. I love the birds nest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly have kind of done the same thing. I mean, I haven't exactly quit, but ten days into the thing I decided that my book that I was halfway to my goal on wasn't the best thing for me to be working on at the time. So I quit, with 30,000 words under my belt. And I'm not complaining- I'm finally free to edit my book when I feel like it and I can actually make a dent on my TBR. Score there!
    Thefloridsword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, at least you got a lot farther than I did, and allowing yourself freedom is good too! You shouldn't feel miserable and stressed over a book that just isn't going to work, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's struggled this month.

      Delete
    2. And I get to EDIT wut wut.... Not XD

      Delete
    3. Because obviously editing is such a glorious privilege. XD

      Delete
  5. You got farther than I ever get! I will plot a book plan it then write a few pages then pre occupy my time with other things I'm doing! Yikes, right! Right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! That's okay Vanessa, you're probably a lot more busy than I am anyway. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't feel that busy. Haha we could debate this one (;

      Delete
  7. I'm not really officially doing NaNo either. I'm writing some, but not as much as I was going to. By the way, I'm going to check out your Pinterest right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was hoping to write a lot more too, but oh well. Lol, have fun!

      Delete
  8. Hey, I tagged you in a post on my blog, just wanted to let you know!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me sooo happy, I'd love to chat with you!