Monday, July 24, 2017

H E A L T H Y lifestyle + What I've Learned + What I'm Learning

*fun fact, frozen berries only stay pretty for so long while you're trying to photograph them. 

So today's post is going to be something a bit different, something a bit personal, I'm not going to go super into depth, but I still wanted to share with you guys some things that have been going on in my life these past months, how I'm dealing with them/dealt with them and what I've learned/am still learning.

Basically after months of what I didn't realize were disordered thoughts and behaviors towards food and trying to be healthier, I'm finally learning what a healthy lifestyle actually is. I don't want to label myself as having an eating disorder, but I do know that a lot of my thoughts that have prevented me from treating my body right, and leading me to being afraid of perfectly healthy foods just because I read someone's opinion on them on the internet, and purposefully restricting and depriving myself for no logical reason at all, was neither rational, logical, or healthy.

The reason me trying to eat healthy ended up being unhealthy, and actually potentially dangerous and harmful, was because my approach to it was all wrong, it was fear-based and misguided.

I've learned SO MUCH. I've learned just how beautifully complex God created us and our bodies and how important it is we fuel them properly and take care of them. I've learned so much about nutrition the difference between what actually healthy eating is and what I had convinced myself it was.

I'm learning what being healthy and balanced actually means, and that it shouldn't involve being stressed out and driven insane with perfectionism and misguided, disordered ideas of what is healthy and what is not. I'm learning to recognize when my thoughts aren't rational and when it's just me being a perfectionist, And not letting anxiety get in the way of trusting God, my parents and people who know so much better than I do.

I'm happy to say I'm doing much better now, still eating healthy but actually eating enough calories to have enough energy to do all the things that make summer awesome like biking, swimming, hiking, taking long walks, ect. And working on having a  healthier mindset and attitude towards food, undoing the damage done from not eating enough and treating my body right,and overall becoming healthier and happier than I was before,

I know this isn't something I've posted about before, but I wanted to be real and honest with you guys, Thanks for reading! <3 


~Hannah~ 

16 comments:

  1. Wow, I think it's so great that your sharing this with all of us! I was like this a few months ago, too. It just wasn't healthy, but I was able to change my ways of thinking over time!
    I'm so glad that you're doing better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one and that we're both improving. I'm definitely not worrying about so many things as much lately which has made it a lot easier.

      Delete
  2. This really hits home for me Hannah! I grew up in a family that spent most of every day planning "healthy" meals and researching what those should look like and I think this has caused me to take an unhealthy view of food. I often catch myself simply thinking too much about whether or not I should eat something rather than thanking God for what he has provided and moving on with my life.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can relate! I can definitely see how that can make things hard, that's what I've been learning to do too, just being thankful that I have healthy food available and not over-analyzing everything.
      You're welcome! Thanks so much for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that you're doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always had a weird relationship with food too, but I think it has finally stabilized. Glad we are both learning!

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you've had those thoughts. It's hard, I know, but it's wonderful that you've come through it. Now you're stronger, better informed and healthier. Keep up the great work, girl!

    ~ Pip | Pip and Lolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! It definitely has been hard but I've gotten a lot better and I'll definitely keep working at it!

      Delete
  6. My Mom has always been a health freak [an awesome health freak] so I grew up learning basically everything I needed to know for food, and juicing and any other thing. I'm sorry to hear that you had struggled with it, I totally get that. I'm soo so happy you're doing better, it's such a good feeling when you know you're eating healthy!
    <3 paige xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever struggle with it much, or did growing up like that make things easier? Eating healthy is definitely great until it gets to the point of over-complicating everything and being stressed out, something I'm still working on overcoming. Thanks Paige!! <3

      Delete
    2. Not really, except for just controlling my sugar intake. I was born with extra yeast (sugar in my body) so I have bumps on my arms (and when i eat sugar it makes it worse) and a weak immune system, so I'm working on that. We use a lot of stevia instead of sugar and that really helps. Growing up like that was much easier, my mom just knew everything that would help me from her own experiences, and if not we would research it. :)
      Yeah, it can be complicated, if you just have something that stabilizes your blood sugars, then your body can go to work on anything that needs help, weight gain or weight loss, and makes you FEEL healthy. Message me for info though, I followed you on Pintrest. =)
      Your welcome! I'd love to talk more about healthiness with you! ♡♡ xD

      Delete
    3. Ohh okay, that must be difficult, it sounds like you're doing a good job delaling with it though. Yeah that's what I'm working on right now, giving my body what it needs and just trying to trust that it's doing what it needs to get better and I just have to be patient I guess. Thanks! I'd love to talk more too. ♡♡

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy you're doing better! Stay strong :)

    xx Bubbles

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me sooo happy, I'd love to chat with you!