Wednesday, June 21, 2017

An entire day without social media + SONGS I'M LOVING + It's the first day of Summer

 
So I decided to challenge myself yesterday morning to go the entire day without social media of any sort, (no Instagram, Pinterest, or even blogs) now, I definitely already try to be conscious of how much time I spend on my phone, but quite often I still find myself wasting time scrolling through Instagram and stuff and sometimes it downright infuriates me when I realize how much time I've wasted.

So yesterday I decided to take a break, and yep, I made it through the the whole day, it was quite refreshing, and also the fact that my phone died helped too, I finished a DIY I was working on and started another one, brainstormed for my new novel, played with my bunny, basically just stuff I usually do but without Instagram and Pinterest in between. I think I'm probably gonna keep doing this, I mean, y,know, still use Pinterest as a source of inspiration and check Instagram occasionally, but not constantly, it leaves so much more room for real life, which is what I wanna be all about this summer, y,know?

So I also  wanted to share some songs I've been loving lately, (I've linked the titles to Spotify since I have not the skill nor the patience to imbed the playlist into this post XD) 


This is like, one of my go-ro happy songs BECAUSE I JUST LOVE IT and relate to it so hard, it makes my anxieties seem more insignificant and helps me deal with my fears. + It just makes me really happy. 


I've loved this song since the first time I heard it and have been listening to it a lot lately since I realized how much it reminds me of one of the themes of my new book I'm plotting. 


Again, this song has been forever in the playlist for my book series and also it's just amazing. 

***

Also guys SUMMER IS OFFICIALLY HERE. GO LIVE LIFE, DO SOMETHING ADVENTUROUS.

What is one of your summer goals? (more on that in an upcoming post) 
What are some songs that have been inspiring you lately?

~Hannah~

10 comments:

  1. Nice post! Good for you! It's wonderful to take a break from social media. I'm actually hosting a No Screens challenge on my blog, that starts today. I'd love if you would check it out and maybe participate!

    http://pipandlolly.blogspot.com/2017/06/screens-part-2.html

    Right now one of my favorite song is Vida La Vida by Coldplay. I just love the instrumentals and the lyrics and just everything about it.

    ~ Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely have to check that out!

      Oooh I actually don't think I've listened to the whole thing before, I'll have to check that out too. XD

      Delete
  2. The Gospel is like my new fav song *dies at it's beautifulness* love this post and yes - social media can take up a lot of time. xP great post, girl! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR <33 Totally, let's try to make it take up less time, XP awe thanks girl!!

      Delete
  3. Taking a break from social media is refreshing, isn't it? I haven't used social media much this week, and it's felt so. GOOD. Oh my gosh.

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I must be on the same wave length because I decided a few days ago I would stop using social media so much this summer, too!! It's so easy to just spend all of your time on your phone, but I wanna live a real life. ;)
    I love that Casting Crowns song! Casting Crowns is one of my favorite band/singer people, so anything they do I love! ;D
    Great post, and good luck on staying off of social media! :D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Emma! Let's totally live life this summer, not just on our phones.
      YES ALL OF CASTING CROWNS IS SO AMAZING.
      Thanks! You too! XD

      Delete
  5. Yay summer! I know what you mean--social media breaks are so refreshing. I gave up Instagram, Snapchat, and Phhhoto for Lent and it was great. I ended up permanently deleting Snapchat and Phhhoto when Lent was over.

    Hailey
    www.haileyhudson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually considered sorta giving up Instagram (other than just posting photos) But i dunno, for now spending less time on it is going pretty well.

      Delete

Your comments make me sooo happy, I'd love to chat with you!