Tuesday, July 18, 2017

15th Birthday + MEETING GOALS

Okay so LOOK WHAT MY SISTER GOT ME ISN'T IT GORGEOUS 

I turned 15 yesterday, which seems weird and then again not all that weird. XD My dad and several younger siblings and I went hiking about an hour away, we hiked on some trails through the forest and then went down by the beach and it was amazing, I really don't think anyone but God could ever create something so beautiful, so chaotic and yet peaceful at the same time, feeling the tide at your feet and just breathing the air and walking through the sand and thinking that He made all this is really awe-inspiring. 

Emily also needlefelted me an owl and my dad got me roses and dark chocolate and avocados. Because nothing says love like perfectly ripe avocados. XD Also I didn't know what I wanted for my birthday and didn't ask for anything, so my parents are giving me money to spend at Hobby Lobby, hopefully to find some stuff to decorate my room, (more on that in an upcoming post, XD) 

We left at 1:30 and didn't get home until around 6:30, had dinner and then Emily and I took Charlotte for a walk, my sister brought me home cold-brew coffee. (and I wasn't joking when I said I wasn't going to sleep that night, I don't think I fell asleep until around 4:30 in the morning) and we also had toasted coconut ice-cream and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies which was amazing. 

Honestly, yesterday was really awesome and I felt so happy and content as I was writing this  post last night, either that or I was just really hyped up on sugar and caffeine. XD

And now, we ramble. 

MEETING GOALS 

Setting daily goals and doing whatever it takes to meet them every single day, lately I've been learning just how rewarding and fulfilling this is, is it always easy? Heck no, is it totally worth it? Absolutely, 

I'm talking about Camp Nano, (meeting my word goal everyday) but also some personal goals that I've been striving to meet as well, and meeting them has been so rewarding and motivating, even when it's hard and there are days when I'm absolutely sure I can't possibly do it, pushing past feeling stuck and hopeless makes me feel like I could do anything. 

I think the thing about whether or not you fail or succeed is what sort of habits you get into, like, you keep doing what you're doing, at least for me at least, when I fall so behind on writing that I accept the fact I'm going to fail anyway, I don't get any further from there, and then before you know it it gets too late to catch up anyway.

 but when I pick myself back up after falling behind and actually push forward and meet my goals, I want to keep doing that because it's just so much more rewarding and you don't want to let yourself fall back into the cycle again, and it's actually getting easier for me.  I'm currently writing more words each day than I was during Nano back in November in order to catch up after falling behind. And meeting my other goals every day too. Which has been just awesome.

Also guys I HAVE SO MUCH MORE I WANT TO POST ABOUT RIGHT NOW so stay tuned. XD

Do you like hiking? 
Are you anything like me when it comes to meeting goals? 

~Hannah~

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hannah!! You're almost exactly one month younger than me :)

    Ellie
    www.uniquelyyou1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! Lol, really? Wow. XD

      Delete
  2. HAPPY 15TH HANNAH. I am sitting here in shock bc wow I remember little hannah and now you're growing up WHAT IS HAPPENING *hides from this thing called time*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEP THANKS JU agh I know it's crazy, I'll try not to grow up to fast, promise. XP

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!! Your day sounded so fun- I love the beach!
    I set goals for myself this week to accomplish, and I was like- I need to do this every week!! It helps me be more focused for what I want to achieve and actually get done! :)
    Great post!
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! It was, IKR? It's just so amazing.
      I don't do weekly goals (like I said, I have daily goals and also monthly goals) But I think that sounds awesome!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! :)

    Would you mind checking out my book reviews blog at https://elsbookreviews.blogspot.ca/ and possibly give it a follow? Super excited to read your posts!

    - El

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks El! I'll definitely check it out, thank you so much for following!

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday Hannah! I always have a hard time being consistent with goals. A few years ago I decided to stretch every day. It didn't happen. I've tried really hard the past year and finally succeeded! I know stretch (almost) every day, and I'm really close to being able to do all three splits. Which is a goal I've had for as long as I can remember. Good luck on your goals!

    ~ Pip

    By the way, I'm looking forward to those posts you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pip! I used to be too, but I've gotten a lot better now that my goals are things I actually really /need/ to do, woah, that's amazing! Thanks girl!

      Eeep so am I! XD

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday girl! This post was my favorite post I've seen by you! ♡ Your day sounded so amazing, and I'm so glad it was for you! ♡♡♡ and omw, YOU LIVE BY THE BEACH????? That would be really amazing. Also COCONUT ICE CREAM?! Girl I need some, please!!
    I do that everyday, it's really good for me! I'm glad it works for you! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Paige thank you!! You're so sweet. Well actually it's an hour away so we don't go too often but yeah.XD OH YES YOU MUST TRY IT.

    That's awesome! It's just so helpful and motivating, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ♡♡♡♡
      Oh yes, we live out in the country, so all the big towns are at least an hour away from us. We travel a lot though! ☺
      Okay, I'll have to look for some the next time we go to a store! XDDD
      It really is! I love it♡

      Delete
    2. Ooh, I always thought living in the country sounded awesome apart from being far away from everything. And yess you totally should. XD

      Delete
  8. You must read the post I just put on my blog about 2017 goals I think you'll like it! Also thank you for the comments you have left on my blog. AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll definitely check it out! awe you're welcome AND THANK YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!! My sister is gonna turn 15 on the 28th! You got avocados for your birthday?!😜 Have you ever seen the little video of the boy who opened an avocado his dad had given him to test his manners? Have a great day! And I like your new pictures!

    Laura

    flowersinmybasket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, yes I did. XD I've never seen that before lol! Thanks Laura!

      Delete
  11. Happy Birthday! Your blog is so pretty, gorgeous photos <3

    Lauren | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me sooo happy, I'd love to chat with you!